METTLER TOLEDO has often set milestones in weighing technology: with the first electronic analytical balance, with the fully automatic adjustment proFACT, with the rugged microbalance, with the simple operation via SmartBar – and now once again with a revolutionary weighing cell called MonoBloc.
MonoBloc is a high-performance weighing cell. The entire structure of the weighing cell is spark-eroded from a single aluminum alloy workpiece using innovative electrical discharge wire cutting (wire-EDM). The same alloy is used in the aircraft industry for highly stressed parts, so you can be sure of a long service life and extreme ruggedness.
Parallel guidance, link, hanger, and up to three transmission levers are integrated into the MonoBloc. This reduces the number of components and moving parts by more than 50 percent and further improves the already legendary dependability of METTLER TOLEDO balances.
The two-dimen-sional structure distinguishes the MonoBloc from conventional weighing cells. This construction prevents stresses and torsion forces acting on the mechanical parts. The result: extremely high measurement precision, no matter how heavy you load the balance.
Compared with conventional technologies, such as milling, the METTLER TOLEDO wire-EDM technology offers the following advantages:
- Higher manufacturing precision - 0.1µm compared with 0.4µm cutting accuracy.
- Constant manufacturing quality, as the moving wire is continuously renewed in the electrodischarge machining of each MonoBloc. In contrast to a milling head, there is no wear.
- Higher resolution - 20 million digits compared with 8 million digits.
The MonoBloc construction provides:
- Fewer moving parts
- Less material waste
- Rugged construction
- Dependable measurements for years
- Extremely high precision – day in, day out
- Increased productivity
- Reduced downtime