From goods receiving, to manufacturing to the shipping warehouse: In harsh environments and/or in hazardous areas of your facility, there are numerous process steps where weighing accounts for the most reliable and accurate measuring technology. Profit from tailored solutions to optimize your level of productivity.
METTLER TOLEDO designs solutions to optimize productivity throughout your value chain and ensures that the product quality meets your end-user’s requirements. This is the reason why the Antwerp Distribution and Product Operations (ADPO) chose a drum filling solution with weighing technology from METTLER TOLEDO. ADPO offers services such as stainless steel filling lines for pails, drums and IBCs. ADPO expanded its existing infrastructure with a highly automated system for the storage and handling of chemicals and petrochemicals to better serve their customers.
Minimize product losses during the filling process
In one of their facilities, ADPO fills 200 liter drums at the rate of 100 drums per hour. The environment is a hazardous area ATEX Zone 2. They chose an IND780 weighing indicator and 300kg high-precision floor scales to meet the requirements for efficiency and quality. The system is highly accurate, ensures fast material transfer and allows tracking and tracing of each drum. The system is controlled with a PLC which communicates with the IND780 via Profibus. The flexible IND780 with its graphical display and freely programmable multi function keys is used for the man machine interface of the whole system.
ADPO benefited by minimizing handling time, decreasing the risk of errors and product losses, thus reducing process costs and maximizing productivity.
The entire drum filling solution was made by a system integrator in close cooperation with METTLER TOLEDO.
Key Customer Benefits for drum filling:
- Freely programmable terminals can be programmed as men machine interface for the whole system
- Communication via Profibus, Profinet, DeviceNet, Ethernet IP or Ethernet for easy integration into PLC or ERP environment
- Large product range of weighing technology for hazardous areas ATEX Zones 1/21 & 2/22 and FM Division 1 & 2
- High quality platforms with high weighing resolution, repeatability and linearity for a precise filling range from 1% to 100% of the capacity.
- Global service availability of METTLER TOLEDO to support system integrators in export situations