Learn from leading practitioners in the chemical, pharmaceutical, energetics and petroleum companies and leading academic institutions.
In conjunction with the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center and with sponsorship by VisiMix, this conference focuses on the scale-up of chemical processes, including mixing considerations, kinetics, scale-down approaches, process safety and hazard evaluation of chemical processes. In addition, there is a workshop on process safety and scale-up.
The 2-day event will feature world renowned speakers who will share their experience and knowledge as well as best practices in process safety:
Scale-up of Chemical Processes:
- Ray Machado, Air Products - Process Scale-up Strategies Using Calorimetric Data and Modeling
- Shekhar Viswanath, Eli Lilly - Scale Down Techniques for Optimizing Technical Transfer and Process Safety
- Jerry Salan, Nalas Engineering - Process Development Strategies for Energetic Materials
- Sagar Sarsani, Dow Chemical Freeport - Using In Situ IR for Kinetics and Scale-up of Chemical Processes
Safety Evaluation of Chemical Processes:
- Allen Beard, Albermarle - Contributions to Process Safety and Process Scale-up by the RC1 Calorimeter
- Tony Brzytwa, Lubrizol – From Lab to Pilot-Scale: Early Stage Process Characterization Using an RC1
- Yi Liu, Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center – Understanding the Onset Temperature of Runaway Reactions by Calorimetric Data and its Prediction Using QSPR Methodology - A Case Study on the Thermal Decomposition of Organic Peroxides
- Ammar Alkhawaldeh, Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center - Reactive Chemicals Research at the MKOPSC
Mixing and Mass Transfer:
- Gad Amir, VisiMix – LTD Productivity Tool for the Analysis, Scale-up and Design of Mixing Processes: Modeling Software for Rapid Understanding of Mass Transfer at Any Scale
Hazard Evaluation of Chemical Processes:
- Stephen M. Stefanick, Janssen Pharmaceutical Research and Development - Scientific Tools and Concepts Usely for the Preliminary Assessment of Chemical Reaction Hazards
- Ha Nguyen, Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center – Process Scale-up: Combinatorial Approach Using RC1 and CFD Simulation
- Sanjeev R. Saraf, Exponent – Classification of Reactive Chemicals Hazards
Who Should Attend?
- Process Safety scientists and engineers
- Process Development scientists and engineers
- Those interested in the fundamentals of process safety and scale-up
A certificate will be issued by the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center and the Engineering Program Office of Continuing Education upon the successful completion of this course. You will earn 14 PDHs/1.4 CEU’s for your participation in this course.